Monday, August 30, 2010

Having a great day!

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I really needed them! My heating has broken down and while Melbourne is not Europe it is quite cold for us. My toilet is blocked so the boys from the drain cleaners are currently head down in the sewer overflow (well not literally!).
Oh here is my effort at a closeup of my quilt (as requested. I will have a better go when it is finished.


It's called a Hidden Star and sewn using Marti Michell Templates (www.frommarti.com/)a truly wonderful invention which makes it possible to machine-piece that which was previously only possible by hand (for me anyway).
I have also just completed this..


which I am pleased to say is my own creation and not bad for someone who previously avoided all applique!! Lots of fun using my carefully horded little bits of Kaffe! I just wish I could do a better job of photographing quilts.

Well toilet is unblocked, heating still doesn't work but a quilt top is nearly finished and my girls are home from school soon so I'm having a good day!

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your baboushka applique - and with Kaffe! Pefect :) Very inspiring. Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your baboushka quilt, it looks gorgeous!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete