Friday, September 10, 2010

Glorious colour!!

Sorry to be absent for the last week. I and my house have been recovering from the onslaught of 40 teenagers at my daughter's party! Mind you they were very well behaved and only four jumped into the pool (which is currently 10 degrees!!).

If you live in Melbourne you wear black in winter. It has, unfortunately become our uniform. It also unfortunately makes those of us who are pale people with blue eyes look like old crows. So I have decided to slowly eliminate black from my wardrobe. This is not an easy task because a. I never throw anything out!
b. It is almost impossible to buy anything but black(or other pasty neutrals) in Melbourne.
The solution...the Liberty shirt!




This bit of gorgeousness came from a shop nearby. I fell in love with the fabric at Patchwork on Central and was going to buy the fabric and make it. But who am I kidding! I love all the little animals and the traffic stopping pink.

So I wore it yesterday when the ladies came over to sew. Unfortunately I missed getting a photo of them but I did take this snap of my poor old Periwinkle quilt which has been around forever. I lost one of the pieced borders and was so cross I had to put it away!




Meanwhile I think my new found love of lots of colour will be reflected in my upcoming quilts. There is a very bright applique medalion in the works but I am still struggling with the design (and the applique).

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog from Helen Philipps.
    The Liberty print blouse is so cute. I would love to layer that under a cardigan! You're right, black makes those of us with a pale complexion look OLD! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandra! Your Liberty shirt is so special - enjoy wearing it as often as possible ...
    Must get out my neglected green periwinkle project soon after seeing your charming pink one ... Take care, Barbara

    ReplyDelete