Friday, September 17, 2010

Yeh, fabric sale!!

Have just been to the local farmers' market (love it) and bought the best bread ever. This was on the way back from a fabric sale at Patchwork on Central Park where there were lots of lovely fabrics for $5/m!! I did exercise some restraint and reminded myself that I did not need metres of cowboy fabric (I have teenage girls) so bought these:



Have started quilting the Hidden Star with red perle. Looks terrific but pretty hard on the hands. This will come to Point Lonsdale with us next week. It's a really little seaside town about an hour and a half drive from Melbourne. While it will still be too cold to swim, the girls will see friends and I will sew. Poor husband will be at home with his other two children (aka the cats) working and enjoying some time to himself!

Don't you just love a good lighthouse!

Oh and this is a glimpse of my latest project- the applique medalion.


It's a bit psychedelic at the moment but will tone down once its actually appliqued (I hope)!!

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post full of good things! I DO love a good lighthouse! Your applique looks beautiful already - I look forward to seeing it finished. Re the red perle thread - I tried using it on a quilt and found it too hard to sew through the layers with so changed to using a few strands of embroidery cotton which gave the decorative effect I wanted. I hope yours is progressing more smoothly.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandra,
    Such an interesting post to read with cup of coffee, thank you ...
    I've been to the sale too late Saturday afternoon. Found eight(!)gorgeous fabrics at a perfect price, forgot to take glasses so came home with Cowgirls by mistake but they are still cute.
    Happy sewing near the lighthouse ... Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from France Sandra !!
    I'm Vero L from Mon aiguille..
    you ask me for the tuto of the pochette pique epingle, but I can't send you the tutos, I don't have your email adress. please just write me your email adress in a new comment, or clik on CONTACT pour recevoir les tutos...just under my picture (When I was young)..I hope you understand what I mean ;o)) Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete