Monday, September 13, 2010

Holidays and sunflowers

Thank you Debbie for your comments. I love the community feel of blogging especially when it connects different people from different countries. Like having a very dispersed sewing group! It is also fun reading about preparations for autumn while we are coming out of winter and looking at a very long, very hot summer!

It is school holidays here and I spent two hours today in at the NGV (National Gallery of Victoria) where I volunteer. No, I don't get to touch or even talk about any paintings. I am a lowly Members' Volunteers who keeps the members lounge running. So it is not very glamorous but it gets me into the gallery!
They have their yearly European Masters exhibition which is the highlight of the gallery year. This year it is from the Stadel Gallery (Germany) and this is one of my favourites!


Other than that I have been working on a new block which has turned out looking a bit like a sunflower.


It was one of those ideas that I had to make immediately. You know what that is like. Now I have to decide what to do with it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your coment. Your blog is looking graet and you make some fabulous quilts!

    ReplyDelete