Thursday, July 22, 2010

Absence

Well it is supposed to make the heart grow fonder. Yes I had a panic attack and stopped blogging but hi, here I am again.

I am now trying to figure out how to use my camera (a very special birthday present) and add a bit of interest!

This is my year of "cleaning up my act" and hopefully doing a few "firsts"!! So we have just returned from a magnificant holiday in Kakadu in Northern Australia, camping with no phone reception and no computers.

My firsts: 1. Sleeping under the stars

2. Going on a tour with other people

3. Seeing the Northern Territory

4. Swimming behind a waterfall

Hard to come back to the cold!

Have also started a number of quilts I've designed myself. Now if I can work out how to get the photos on.............

Please excuse the photo quality. I'm working on that!
Have always wanted to do a red and blue star quilt but have abandoned a few attempts due to their strong resemblance to the American flag (no offence intended). I think the bit of mustard (my least favourite colour) adds a bit of balance. What do you think?

I also have a Babushka project but will save that one until it is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment