Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Teaching at Patchwork House and a few holiday reminiscences!

I am very excited as I will be teaching a quilting class at Patchwork House . Have done lots of teaching but usually about science and animals (that's another story) so I am really looking forward to it. Just a simple Star of LeMoyne that I made for my daughter a few years ago but it has always been one of my favourites with lots of old paisley fabrics (no photo as the quilt is at the shop).

Getting a bit over the cold weather here in Melbourne though it's good for sewing. Keep thinking about the beautiful Kakadu from our recent holiday and the warmth and the swimming holes....

This is Jim Jim Falls 170m high with a stunning swimming hole at the bottom. After 30 minutes 4WDing and 40 minutes scrambling over boulders you have earned a swim! The water is very deep and almost black. We were assured that the Estuarine crocs (they are the ones that eat you) had been removed at the end of the wet season and the fresh water species are very shy but we were still looking a bit nervous. So we sent the tour guide in first!

Much as I love Europe, Australia really is a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment